Help widen awareness and support for Shannon Trust
As a volunteer content creator, you will work closely with Shannon Trust’s Fundraising and Communications officer to help widen awareness and support for Shannon Trust. You will help to write and create engaging content for our website, social media pages and offline channels.
The role will vary according to our needs and could involve:
· Talking with Shannon Trust learners and mentors about their experiences;
· Writing compelling case stories;
· Writing or proof-reading blogs and newsletters;
· Writing content for the news section on our website
· Creating content for both offline and social media including photos, gifs and videos;
· Promoting social media content, for example through likes and comments and monitor engagement;
· Organising and tagging images in our photo library;
· Research content that is trending on social media;
· Social media monitoring Working with the fundraising team to create and support fundraising campaigns;
· Working with other communications and fundraising volunteers.
Experience in all these areas is not essential. Your role could include just some of these aspects. You will need to be available online and via the phone.
Who we are looking for:
You don't need any formal qualifications to become a volunteer content creator. We're looking for people who:
· Are passionate and enthusiastic about our work;
· You might have experience with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
· Have strong writing and editing skills;
· Are creative and have lots of ideas;
· Can work independently, use initiative and manage their own time;
· Able to identify when to escalate issues/communications with the Fundraising & Communications officer;
Location and volunteering hours:
This role can be carried out from home and could involve some local travel. Ideally we’d like someone who can give regular hours on a weekly basis, but we’re flexible and can work out a plan that suits you – for example, you could have a small project to deliver over a few weeks in your own time. This could be two hours upwards, depending on your availability.
Training, induction and support:
Shannon Trust provides a wide range of training for volunteers. You will be expected to attend mandatory training for new volunteers, some will be group training and some will be online. The training will provide you with the knowledge and understanding of the values and visions of the charity and practical support for your role. You will receive a thorough induction into your role.
Due to the nature of the role, we will be in contact on a frequent basis. This will depend on your availability. You will be offered ongoing relevant training and monthly one to ones with the Fundraising and communications officer to support you. A review will take place at 6 months. Another review will then take place at the 2yr stage and every 2yrs thereafter.
Expenses and insurance:
You'll be able to claim back all reasonable out of pocket expenses and be covered by our public liability insurance.
Download and complete this application to apply for a role and return to email@example.com
Download a copy of the role description.